Monday, May 25, 2009
1. Upgraded BIOS to 2205
2. System refused to boot
3. Pulled out hair for 1.5 days.
4. Cursed self for bricking the motherboard.
5. Realized that SATA RAID got turned off in BIOS
6. Turned SATA RAID back on in BIOS
7. System booted up... Celebrate
8. Installed Phenom II X4 940 with HSF
9. Freaked out when new CPU was showing mid to upper 60 C at idle
10. Realized motherboard CPU temp sensor is not very accurate
11. Downloaded and installed Core Temp to get temps directly from the CPU
12. Checked temp again and Core Temp showed from 40's C (idle) to 50's C (load)
13. Frag away